Ultrafiltration (UF) Systems for Wastewater Treatment and Recycling
Extend Your Cleaning Solution Bath Life by Stripping the Oils From It
Over time, aqueous parts washer cleaning baths build-up with oil and sludge, exhausting the cleaning performance of the detergent. Quite often the solution to the problem is, dump and recharge. With a PROCECO Ultrafiltration system, cleaning bath life can be extended six-fold, and detergent costs can be cut in half. Our fully integrated Ultrafiltration (UF) systems are designed to operate unattended, and require little maintenance.
PROCECO offers a solution that will reduce waste, cut costs, and improve cleaning quality. Our ultrafiltration systems are designed to outperform other technologies by offering a lower overall life-cycle cost. Anyone who has any experience with membrane filtration knows that the true cost associated with the technology is not the upfront dollar value, but the maintenance and operation costs that follow.
Ultrafiltration â€“ How it Works
In the Ultrafiltration (UF) process, wastewater containing emulsified oils is pumped through a membrane filter at high flow rates, under pressure. The UF membrane allows water and other low molecular weight substances (soaps, salts, and surfactants) to pass through the membrane pores and exit the system as permeate. Higher molecular weight substances such as oils and solids are retained by the membrane (retentate) and remain in the wastewater feed. Based on this principle, the UF system can concentrate oils and solids up to 50% and produce permeates with less than 50 mg/l of oil.
PROCECO uses proven, state-of-the-art multi-channel tubular ceramic membranes in a cross-flow configuration. Ceramic membranes are best suited for oil emulsions because of their hydrophilic (water loving = not fouled by oil) characteristics. Whatâ€™s more is that ceramic membranes are virtually inert to most chemicals and high temperatures. Compared to polymeric (organic) membranes, ceramics have an extended service life as they are able to tolerate frequent aggressive cleaning cycles.
Available in three models with wastewater treatment capacity of: 500, 1200, and 3200 US gallon/d
UF for Industrial Wastewater Treatment Applications
- Parts washer cleaning solutions
- Surface finishing degreasing baths
- Spent metalworking fluids
- Vibratory finishing wastewater
- Die casting wastewater
PROCECO Ultrafiltration (UF) System Benefits
- Extends the cleaning solution bath life
- Reduces chemical cost by up to 50%
- Ceramic membranes have an extended operating life
- Unattended operation and low maintenance
- Low operating cost
- Lower waste volumes and disposal costs
- Pretreatment with chemicals or flocculants is not required
- Waste oils can be used for its calorific value
PROCECO Ultrafiltration (UF) Features
- Proven technology: State-of-the-art multi-channel tubular ceramic membranes are not fouled by oil and are highly resistant to chemicals and high temperatures
- Ceramic membranes have an extended operating life and are able to tolerate frequent aggressive cleaning cycles
- All stainless process piping and valves; will not corrode or crack over time
- PLC controlled for unattended operation
- Skid mounted units are easy to install and relocate
Technical Papers from External Sources
(by NOWMOA, an environmental agency)
Information to increase life of cleaning agents and significantly reduce water use
and wastewater generation